Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tahini Cookies



Yum! I love these cookies. When I first discovered them at Earth Fare, a grocery market in North Carolina, I fell in love. If you are a fan of sesame, you will most likely enjoy this cookie.

Yields 12 to 15 cookies

Ingredients:
1 cup roasted sunflower seeds
2 cups oats
1 cup honey
3/4 cup raw tahini
1 pinch of salt

Stir together dry ingredients. Add the honey and tahini and stir so that the ingredients are well mixed.

Spoon out patties of the mixture onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. My cookies were about 2" in diameter. Bake at 350˚ for about ten minutes. Rotate the cookie sheet about 6 minutes into baking. Remove from oven once the edges lightly brown. Allow the cookies to cool for several minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Earthfare cookies. I can´t wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete