Friday, March 25, 2011

Tahini Cole Slaw

Cole slaw in all sorts of forms is yummy dish that I grew up around having grown up in the south. I remember one of my favorite ways to eat it was to mix it with baked beans when they were served together. This might not sound good, but I loved it!

This recipe does not involve baked beans and is not a traditional way to eat slaw, but is very good! Though my recipe differs, I was inspired by this post.

Ingredients:
1 head of cabbage
1 green apple
3-4 strands of green onion

Dressing:
4 T Tahini
2-3 lemons
1 small orange
1 T agave syrup
1 T cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne

Topping:
Raw pumpkin seeds
Roasted Macadamia nuts

Health Benefits:
Macadamia Nuts
These nuts are a high energy food and contain no cholesterol. They are also a good source of protein, calcium, potassium and dietary fiber.





2 comments:

  1. this looks great allison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent recipe, my husband requests for this all the time. I have made this several times and it is always a hit with friends and family! Especially when I prepare this with http://www.gourmetrecipe.com/recipes/crock-pot-chicken-and-white-bean-chili! A fabulous one!

    ReplyDelete