Thursday, February 3, 2011

Food Matters

Last week I rented this documentary entitled, Food Matters from my local movie spot. My mom was in town, she had a head cold and I was tired and we had about enough energy for a movie. Both of us went kinda' vegan at the same time about 3.5 years ago. We've found that if we don't cultivate our understanding of food, the body and nutrition through books, movies, trips, yoga, hikes or other means then we tend to get slack about our health. So on this weary evening, my mother and I decided that renting a movie called Food Matters, sounded like a good plan.

The documentary hits upon topics like western medicine, pharmacology, medical insurance, the importance of vitamins and whole foods in promoting health and shares many other insightful thoughts along the way. I enjoyed hearing more about these issues and feel renewed in my journey. It's a worthy hour and a half of one's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment