Thursday, August 26, 2010

Panos Bakery

Panos Bakery is a neighborhood bakery that's definitely worth a visit. On their window they advertise tahini bread. Having lived in Turkey for a couple years, tahini and bread in the same phrase gets me very excited! Though this is not a Turkish bakery, this bread is the closest I've found to tahinli ekmek since moving back to the states.
I tried their spinach pastry and the tahini bread. Both are quite delicious and I think vegan??? The round, flat pastry is the tahini bread and the triangle pieces are stuffed with spinach. Yum!

P.S. For those who don't know tahini is basically ground up sesame seeds that form a sesame paste. When I lived in Turkey I would mix it with something like a grape molasses and spread it on bread for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment