Monday, July 13, 2009

A Yummy Snack

I love nuts and I almost always have them in my kitchen. My favorites are almonds and cashews, but walnuts are also quite good for you.
Here's the breakdown of some of the health benefits of each of these nuts:

Almonds:
Almonds are a great source of calcium and as with all nuts they offer protein and are high in anti-oxidants.

Cashews:
Cashews are good sources of iron, magnesium, which promotes energy and bone growth, and phosphorous, which build bones and teeth.

Walnuts:
Walnuts have high levels of omega-3's which can also be found in fish.

I like to buy my nuts raw from the store and when I'm ready to eat them, I'll heat the oven to 350 and quickly roast some. When they are still warm from roasting, I'll mix them with dried cranberries. Mmmm tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment