Monday, June 22, 2009

What exactly do you eat?



As a vegan, I often get the question, what exactly do you eat? So in this blog, I'll share some staple items that are always in my kitchen. For today, I'd like to highlight berries. Yum!

Frozen berries are a cheaper way to be able to enjoy the nutritious punch that berries have to offer. I often garnish my morning cereal with these berries. Stir the cereal for a minute before eating other-wise the berries will be too icy or put them in a strainer and run warm water over them. They're also great in smoothies, breads, muffins and pies.

Health benefits:

Blueberries
Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants that help protect against free radicals in the body that are associated with diseases related to the aging process.

Raspberries
Raspberries are full of cancer-fighting antioxidants and rich in vitamin C, folate, iron and potassium. Also, cooking doesn't eliminate these compounds so raspberry jam may also be beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment